- One whole Threadfin fish – cut into smaller 2 inches size for easy handling. Score the Fish for even deep-frying. U can keep it whole if U like.
- Salt and coarsely grounded Black pepper.
Infused Oil :
- Lots of finely sliced Ginger and finely chopped Garlic.
- A small amount of CornFlour (Optional).
- Light soy, Sugar, Sesame oil, White pepper, a touch of oyster sauce, Shaoxing wine and water. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice (no rocket scientific measurement here). Always taste your Seasoning !!!
Make sure the fish is at room temperature (out of the Fridge for at least an hr). Marinate the Threadfin fish with all the Marinating Ingredients. Lightly dust the Threadfin with the Coating Ingredients – optional, U can simply deep-fried the fish as it is but this process will provides some extra crispness to the skin. Set aside. Heat up a pot of oil till smoking, make sure enough to cover the fish. Turn down heat to medium, slowly put the fish into the oil, one by one and deep-fried till Golden brown. When done, transfer out to a metal rack to drain excess oil. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes.
Next, prepare the sauce. While U can simply just use Light-soy but The VianD find it a little too salty and lack flavors. So, mix ur own sauce. In a bowl, mix the Sauce ingredients together – taste it to ur preference. make sure everything are dissolved. Set aside.
Saute the Ginger strips and chopped Garlic till aromatic and golden brown with a relatively amount of oil.
Plate the fish, pour sauce and infused-oil over, garnish and serve hot.