- A mixture of normal long-grain rice and Glutinous rice – soaked for a few hrs or better still, overnite with a dash of Sesame oil (this is optional but try it, the Sesame oil really does elevates the Porridge’s flavor).
- Dried Scallop, Dried Oyster, Red Dates and Goji (Wolfberries). All soak in warm water a few minutes just to get rid of any impurities.
- A tiny piece of smashed Ginger.
- Garnishing – Julienned Ginger and sliced Scallion and Parsley.
- Sugar, Salt, white Pepper a touch of Oyster sauce and Sesame oil. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash/pinch of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice (no rocket scientific measurement here). Always taste your Seasoning !!!
Dump everything into a Slow-Cooker. Use double the amount of water U would normally cook rice – U can always add extra gradually along the way to achieve the desired consistency. Set the heat to high and let it cook for abt 3 hrs and U should get a pot of delicious soft creamy “Dried Scallop/Oyster/Red Dates/Goji Porridge/Congee“. Garnish with the julienned Ginger and sliced Scallion and Parsley, drizzle with Sesame oil and white Pepper and serve hot.
If U don’t have a Slow-Cooker, U can alway boil in a normal cooking Pot. Bring to boil and then simmer to the right consistency (preference) – abt 1 hr (depending on the heat). Stir occasionally to keep the bottom from burning.