• Pork ribs (chopped to bite-size – abt 1 to 2-inch).
• Lots of – finely chopped Garlic, sliced Ginger and some finely chopped Red Chili.
• Obviously, the all-important Taucu. U can use the whole beans or Tauci paste (VianD’s option).
• Some sliced Chili, Scallion and Parsley for garnishing.
• Salt (just a pinch – cos, Taucu is salty), Sugar, Oyster sauce, a dash of Light soy, Dark soy (optional- just for coloring), a dash of White Pepper, Shaoxing wine and Sesame oil. All to taste. A tiny bit of Cornstarch, just to create that slight smoothness texture (not in the pict).
** Note : Just a dash/pinch of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient/spice flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!! The trick is NOT the exact measurement, the trick is “to taste the Seasoning” and get ur preference balance of flavors !!!
STEP 1 :
• Start by marinating the Ribs for at least a few hrs (better still, overnite, for better flavor) with all the Ingredients. Get ur hand into it, mix well.