- Curly Kuching Egg Noodles of any Egg Noodles is fine.
Side (Topping) :
- Topping – Sliced Scallion, Fish Cake and BBQ pork. If U are interested in making ur own BBQ pork, here is the link to The VianD’s recipe.
- Minced semi-lean pork (get the butcher to minced for U – not the frozen ones). Marinate with the Marinate Ingredients list below for at least an hr.
- Cubed Pork fat. Sliced Shallot and minced Garlic.
Minced Pork Marinate :
- Salt, Sugar, White pepper, Oyster sauce, Light soy, Sesame oil, Shaoxing wine and a dash of Fish sauce. A little Corn-starch as combining agent. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash/pinch of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice (no rocket scientific measurement here). Always taste your Seasoning !!!
Mee Sauce :
- A little Oil, Black/Light soy, Sesame oil and White pepper. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash/pinch of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice (no rocket scientific measurement here). Always taste your Seasoning !!!
Start by rendering the Pork-fat with a tiny bit oil (just to get the rendering going), in low-medium heat. Till Golden brown or turn crispy (Crispy Lardons) – abt 15-20 mins, depending on the heat and size of the Pork-fat. This is better known as Chi Yau Char. Set aside. U can do this way in advance.
With the same Pan, add a generous amount of cooking oil on low/medium heat. Saute the sliced Shallot till golden brown and crisp. Set aside. U can also do this way in advance.
With the same Pan/Wok and with some oil from the Shallot, add Garlic and sauté till aromatic. Add the minced Pork and sauté till cook. Break it up. Set aside. U can also do this way in advance.
Meanwhile, prepare the sauce for the Mee in the serving plate. Set aside. When ready to serve, heat up a large pot of water till bubbling hot. Boil the Noodles till Al dente (when the Noodles floats to the top, its cooked). Over-cooked Noodles are bad noodles !!! Do the same for the Fish Cake and Veggies/Bean Sprouts. Drain well. Place Noodles in serving plate and mix well. Add all the toppings and viola, ur plate of simple delicious of “Kuching, Kolo Mee (干捞面)” is ready to be served hot immediately !!!