- Yellow Noodle, Bean Sprouts and Eggs.
- Garlic (not in picture) – smashed (just a clove or two). Onion, Red Chilli, Fish Cake and Chicken – all sliced.
- Fried Tofu, Tomato, Potato (boiled and peeled) and Chilli Padi (Birds Eye Chilli : U may want to cut the Chilli Padi to bigger pieces (or even leave as whole) so that they visible and not get bite into) – all cubed. (** Note : Just a handful of everything except for Garlic and Chilli Padi.)
- Lime (halved). Sliced Red Chilli, finely chopped Scallion and Parsley.
Flavor Seasoning :
- Chilli Paste (Chilli Boh) and Curry Powder – mix with a little water to form a paste.
- Oyster Sauce, Tomato Ketchup, Salt and White pepper. (Optional Chilli Sauce) – All to taste.
(*NOTE* : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient’s flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice (no rocket scientific measurement here). Always taste your Seasoning !!!)
With a quick multi-part cooking process like a Stir-fry, organization is key. Have all ingredients prepped ahead of time before cooking.
Saute Onion, Garlic, Fish Cake and Chicken till aromatic. Move this aside of the Wok. Add a little extra oil, add in the Chilli/Curry Powder mixture and saute till oil separates (very important) else the noodles will end up powdery texture. Add in the rest (Part 2) of the Side Ingredients. Mix and combine well and saute till aromatic.
Next add in the Noodles and mix well. At this point U can add a dash of Dark Soy (just for coloring). Stir and mix well. Move the Noodles aside, crack an Egg, break it up and then cover/top with the Noodles. Add Part 2 of the Flavor Seasoning and Bean Sprouts. If too dry, add a dash of water. Crank up the heat and stir/mix well. Dish up, garnish with some finely chopped Scallion and Parsley and your plate of Mee Mamak is ready to serve.