- Pad Thai dried flat rice noodles (abt 1/4″ wide). Soaked in cold water for abt 40-60 mins or till al dente (somewhat flexible and solid, not completely expanded and soft). Eggs.
- Lots of Bean Sprouts, Chinese Chive (cut to abt 2″ long), sliced red Chili and crushed roasted Peanuts.
- Cubed firm Tofu, finely chopped Shallot, finely chopped Garlic, roughly chopped sweet radish, roughly chopped dried Shrimp.
- Prawns – peeled, cleaned and deveined (U can leave the tail attached if U like), sliced lean Pork or chicken or any meat.
- Tamarind paste mixture, Palm sugar (Gula Melaka/raw sugar is fine), Fish sauce, Sriracha Hot Thai Chili sauce. Optional – a dash of Oyster sauce, Sesame oil and Dark soy for coloring. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash/pinch of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice (no rocket scientific measurement here). Always taste your Seasoning !!!
Start by sautéing the sliced Pork and Prawns on heat (half-cooked). Dish out and set aside. With the same Wok, do the same with the second part of the Side Ingredients till aromatic. Again dish out and set aside.
Important – U have to do this in batches, a portion at a time else U’ll not get the desired result. With the same Wok, add a little more oil, on medium heat, add the soaked Noodles. Add a little water at a time and keep stirring and the Noodles will starts to soften. Adjust water till U get ur preferred Noodles texture consistency.
Move the Noodles to one side, crack an Egg (or two if U prefer a little more eggy), add oil if needed. Break the Yolk and spread out and wait till the Egg starts to firm, dish the Noodles over it. Add all the Side Ingredients (portionized), add sauce (adjust to preference). Turn up the heat, quickly stir and mix well till everything combined and coated with the sauce. Garnish with crushed Peanuts and viola, ur plate of delicious, lip-smacking of “Pad Thai” is ready to be served hot. Serve with Lime on the side.