- Deboned Chicken Thighs – butterfly to even thickness. Am sure U can get the Poultry man to do this for U.
- Red Carrots, Potatoes and Tomatoes – all cut to block.
French Beans – whole or cut at an angle to abt 3 inches long.
Dipping Sauce :
- Instead of whipping it urself, this is The VianD’s used the bottled Tartar sauce. To enhance the flavors, just add more Dill Relish, finely chopped Onion and Parsley, Salt and Black pepper.
Coating Crust :
- Flour – seasoned with Salt and Black pepper. Lightly beaten Eggs and Bread crumb (U can buy or simply roast few slices of bread and blend it urself – use stale bread and bread with less oil content).
Optional : Paprika or local substitute – Dried Chilis flakes.
- Salt, Black Pepper, Rosemary, Thyme and Bay Leaf. Optional, a little Sesame oil, Oyster sauce and Shaoxing wine. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice (no rocket scientific measurement here). Always taste your Seasoning !!!
Start by tenderizing the chicken. Slip the chicken thigh into a plastic bag and pound it with something solid (maybe the back of ur knife?). Marinate the Chicken over-nite with all the Marinating Ingredients.
Boil a pot of water and blanch the chunky Side Ingredients (excluding Tomatoes). Add a pinch of Salt. Obviously, start with the harder ones first – Potatoes and Carrots, for abt 10 mins. Then add the French Beans, for another 2-3 mins. Remove from the water and quickly dump into ice-water or run it thru cold water to stop it over-cooking. Set aside.
Make sure the Chicken is at room-temperature (out of the Fridge for at least an hr) b4 frying. Coat the Chicken with the flour thoroughly. Shake off excess flour. Dip the floured chicken in the egg and let the extra drip off. Then lay it in the bread crumbs, and scoop some over to cover the top. Press down gently all over, then lift from the bowl and set on a plate. Do that for all the chicken. Set aside.
Heat-up oil on medium-low heat. Gently put the Chicken in and fry for abt 5-8 mins (depending on the heat and the thickness of the Chicken) on each side – till Golden-brown. Do not over-crowd, do in batches if need to. To test if the Chicken is cooked thru, simply pierce the Chicken with a skewer, clear oozing juice, means the Chicken is done.
The VianD like to oven-grilled the Side Vegetables a little with a little butter, Salt and Black pepper and Thyme. Add the Tomatoes. Give it a few toss. While the Chicken frying, preheat the Oven to 180C. Pop it into the Oven for abt 5 mins, this will gives it a Rusty look and enchant the flavors.
Place on a metal-rack and let it rest for at least 10 mins to drain off excess oil. Plate with the Side Ingredients and serve with Dipping sauce.