- Deboned Chicken Thigh, slice to 1/2 inch size.
- One diced red Onion, some curry leaves, diced Scallion, finely chopped Garlic and Ginger, a couple of Chilli padi (Bird’s eye chili)-cut into half and sliced red chilli.
- An Egg and normal Flour. Salt, White pepper and Sugar.
- Quite a bit of CornFlour, a pinch of Salt and coarsely grounded black Pepper – just b4 deep-frying.
- Lots of salt and white pepper. A dash of Shaoxing wine, Sesame oil, Oyster sauce and Sugar. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice (no rocket scientific measurement here). Always taste your Seasoning !!!
Start by marinating the Chicken with all the Marinating Ingredients, a pinch of Salt, White pepper and Sugar (add a little water if too dry) – for at least a couple of hrs.
Mix all the Dredging Ingredient well. Making sure the Chixken is at room-temperature (out of the Fridge for at an hr), coat the Chicken properly, well coated – no expose wet part of the Chicken and dust off excess Flour.
Heat up some oil (enough to cover the Chicken) till smoking, then turn heat down to medium. Gently lower the Chicken into the oil, piece by piece. Don’t overcrowd, do in batches if needed. Flip occasionally to ensure even-frying, for 4-5 mins or till Golden brown. Set aside to drain off excess oil.
Saute all the Side Ingredients (except the diced Scallion) in medium heat till aromatic. Crank up the heat. Add the Chicken – a few quick stirs and mix well. Add diced Scallion and all the Seasoning Ingredients. A few more quick stirs and ur plate of “Salt n Pepper Chicken – Take 2 (椒鹽雞)” is ready to be served hot.