- A bunch of thinly sliced Okra – washed and pad-dry (very important else U’ll get slimy Okra) before slicing.
- Sliced Red Chili, coarsely chopped Dried Shrimps (soaked and washed) and Roasted Balacan (Shrimp Paste) – not too much can be overpowering. Finely chopped Garlic.
- Optional – to spice up the dish, U can add some Curry Masala powder, Dried Chili/flakes, Cardamon or Cumin seeds. All these spices which make the dish un-mistakenly Indian.
- Light Soy, Sugar, Salt and a dash of Oyster Sauce and White pepper. All to taste.
- ** Note : Just a dash/pinch of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient/spice flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!! The trick is NOT the exact measurement, the trick is “to taste the Seasoning” and get ur preference balance of flavors !!!
On medium/low heat, start by sautéing the Dried Shrimps till aromatic. Then follow by the finely chopped Garlic and sliced Red Chili. U do need a little more oil.
Add the sliced Okra with constant stirring to avoid burning till it starts to wilt. The add the roasted Balacan (adjust by adding bit by bit) and the rest of the Seasoning Ingredients. Continue to stir-fry till the edge of the Okra starts kinda brown (really depends on ur preference).
Plate and ur plate of appetizing “Simple Stir Fries Okra With Dried Shrimps (Lady’s Fingers)” is ready to be served hot.