- Two slices of freshly cut thick Grouper – thoroughly clean.
- A bottle of Brand’s Essence of Chicken.
- Herbals : A couple of Red Dates (cut to smaller pieces), Kei Zi (Goji/Wolfberries). Wash everything and soak for abt 10-15 mins with warm water, just to get rid of any impurities.
- Some sliced Ginger. And optional (just for added flavors) – A little Garlic infused oil.
- Just a pinch of Salt and Sugar to taste. ** Note : Just dash/pinch of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice (no rocket scientific measurement here). Always taste your Seasoning !!!
Start by seasoning the Fish with some Sea salt and freshly ground Black pepper for a couple of hrs. With the Fish at room temperature, place the Fish in slightly deepen heat-resistance plate. Sprinkle the Ginger, Goji and Red Dates on top. Pour the Chicken Essense over the Fish.
With a pot of bubbly boiling water, place the plate on a steaming rack. Turn heat down to medium/low, cover with lid and steam for abt 8-10 mins (depending on the heat and the thickness of the Fish). Viola, garnish and ur plate of delicious nourishing fresh succulent “Steamed Grouper Slices with Brand’s Essence of Chicken” is ready to be served hot.