- Fried Fish Cakes (sliced to desired size), Fish Balls and Fried Fuchuck. Seriously, U can add any of the frozen fish products U fancy.
- Lots of sliced Ginger and Scallion (cut to abt 2-inches long), sliced Onion, sliced Red Carrot. sliced Red Chili and finely chopped Garlic.
- And a little Cornstarch mixture as thickening agent.
- The all important Taucu. If U want a stronger flavor, add a little more, just be mindful, it can be salty. All to taste.
- Sugar, White Pepper and touch of Oyster sauce, Sesame oil and Shaoxing wine.
- ** Note : Just dash/pinch of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice (no rocket scientific measurement here). Always taste your Seasoning !!!
Start by sautéing the sliced Ginger, Onion and chopped Garlic till aromatic on medium/low heat. Add the Taucu and continue to saute till aromatic. Add The Assorted Fish Products (NOT the Fuchuck). Crank up the heat, stir and mix well till the Assorted Fish Products kinda seared and turn brown a little.
Add a little water, this will be ur sauce. Bring to boil, add the Fuchuck and mix well, bring to boil. Cover. turn down the heat down and simmer for abt 2-3 mins – just to allow the Fuchuck to soften and absorb the flavorful sauce. Add the rest of the Side Ingredients, give it a few good stirs. Add the rest of the Seasoning Ingredients. Crank up the heat. Add Cornstarch mixture – bit by bit to ur preference consistency – stir and mix well. Viola, Ur plate of simple delicious flavourful “Stir-Fried Fish Cakes/Balls/Fuchuk with Taucu” is ready to be served hot.