• Well-loosen (to individual strand) room-temperature Yellow mee.
• Sliced Lean Pork, Prawn and some sliced Fishcake. Frankly, any Proteins U fancy.
• The original recipe, as far as The VianD can tell, only has green vegetables. Here, The VianD add in some Beansprout (for some crunch), sliced Onion (for sweetness), few pieces of sliced Ginger, red Chilli, red Carrot and a few Chilli Padi (Bird-eye chili) – for some heat.
• Optional – Fried Eggs.
• Black soy, Light soy, Oyster sauce, Salt, Sugar, White Pepper and a touch of Sesame oil. All to taste.
** Note : Just a dash/pinch of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient/spice flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!! The trick is NOT the exact measurement, the trick is “to taste the Seasoning” and get ur preference balance of flavors !!!
STEP 1 :
• On medium heat, start by sauteing the sliced Ginger, Chilli Padi and some finely chopped Garlic till aromatic. Then add the sliced Onion, red Carrot and all the meat. Saute till aromatic. Add water (this will be your gravy). Add the Seasoning Ingredients. Bring to boil, turn down heat and let it simmer a little.